- Rent includes room and board, and is paid in advance. A deposit and one week’s rent is due when you move in, and is paid thereafter one week ahead. You receive a receipt for each rent payment, if you do not, please notify the Director.
- All residents are required to work or be in an approved training, educational, or rehabilitation program a minimum of 30 hours a week within two weeks of moving in.
- Residents fix their own breakfast and lunch, and clean up afterwards. Supper is prepared, and residents eat together between 6 and 7:00 PM.
- All residents help take care of the house. In addition to cleaning her own room, each resident is given another household responsibility.
- Curfew is 10:00 PM Sunday through Thursday, and midnight on Friday and Saturday. New residents have a 9:00 PM curfew their first thirty days at Killingsworth.
- Residents are not allowed to visit in each other’s rooms upstairs nor to enter another resident’s room for any reason. All visiting must be done downstairs.
- Residents must notify staff when leaving the house. Residents may not leave Killingsworth after 9:00 PM , and no visitor may come after 9:00 PM.
- The phone on the stair landing is for residents’ use. With permission the office phones may be used for emergencies or other special exceptions. Cell phones are allowed if used appropriately.
- All prescription medication must be turned in and then taken as prescribed.
- Residents are not allowed any use of alcohol or drugs or inappropriate use of medication. Any use, abuse, or relapse results in termination.
- Residents treat other residents and staff with respect in language and conduct. Residents will maintain appropriate sexual behavior.
- Unless a staff person is present, offices are off-limits. Knock before entering.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the house. The front and back porches are available for smoking. Any smoking upstairs will be grounds for immediate termination.
- Monday and Thursday nights are required in-house nights and residents will attend all house meetings on those evenings. Monday is mandatory, no exceptions for work or class.
- If a resident is gone for 24 hours without notifying the staff, she is automatically terminated.
- Visitors are welcome between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM Visitors are asked to leave at 9:00 PM. Children who visit must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Residents attend all life-skills or support groups as recommended. Residents in recovery must attend AA or NA. Residents who have received a recommendation for counseling or therapy must follow up on group or individual therapy.
- Residents who wish to sleep have priority over their roommate’s radios, and sound systems. Quiet upstairs after 10:00 PM. Loud music and noise will not be tolerated at any time.
If you have any questions, please ask a staff person.